John Maxwell is one of my favorite writers. I'd like to share some things about the way I treat my team members. Here's a list of things I'm trying to learn to avoid. These are from Developing The Leader Within You.
- Failure to give credit for suggestions.
- Failure to correct grievances.
- Failure to encourage.
- Criticizing employees in front of other people.
- Failure to ask employees their opinions.
I crossed that list by accident, but I wanted to share it. Here is what I was really wanting to post. It's from the same book.
- Don't belittle anyone.
- Don't manipulate anyone.
- Don't be insensitive.
- Don't discourage personal growth.
I know we think in story, and lists are kind of a thing of the past, but I've rediscovered how helpful lists can be. It might just be me, but I'm going to be more intentional about meditating upon these lists as my story continues to unfold in the marketplace and my personal life.
I invite you to weigh in good people. Have a good weekend.