I have an info graphic I laminated, and it hangs above my desk. It's titled How To Be Mentally Strong. It list 12 things that will make you mentally strong. Here they are.
- Don't fear alone time.
- Don't dwell on the past.
- Don't feel the world owes you.
- Don't expect immediate results.
- Don't worry about pleasing everyone.
- Don't waste time feeling sorry for yourself.
- Don't waste energy on things you can't control.
- Don't let others influence your emotions.
- Don't resent on other people's success.
- Don't shy away from responsibilities.
- Don't give up after the first failure.
- Don't fear taking calculated risks.
Even those of us who are "normal" need to adhere to this advice because all of us battle things in our lives that these things address.
I hope you're encouraged.